Our guide to backyard fun with cornhole and other tailgate games
Getting the most of your backyard can be a challenge. We’ve put together a guide to have the most fun at home complete with ideas for spending the weekend in. Remember to order your custom cornhole boards today so you can get started making memories with your family.
Family-Friendly Weekend Corntoss Competition
Get your family together for a weekend-long cornhole competition! Depending on the size of your family, split up into teams or compete one-on-one. All you need is a cornhole set, cornhole bags, and yourselves. Gather in the backyard with chairs, coolers, and watch the competition unfold. Organize a playoffs bracket to up your game and give out fun prizes to everyone regardless of who wins or loses. Save the final face-off for Sunday and celebrate together as a family with an outdoors dinner.
Topple Towers Tuesday
For a quick and fun weeknight family activity, surprise your loved ones by setting up a game of Topple Towers out back. Start with just one round to get the night started or keep going as long as you’re having fun (and not staying up past the kids’ bedtime). With 54 hardwood tiles stacking 18 levels high, your Topple Tower game will reach about 5’. Each Topple Tower block is planed and sanded to ensure smooth sliding. You can even engrave your blocks with custom messages!
Host A Cornhole Night Game
Sometimes backyard games can be rough during the day in the hot sun, depending on the time of year and where you live. Host a night game and light up your backyard for a cool evening outdoors. Set up your custom cornhole boards and light up the playing area with string lights or cornhole lights. Bonus points for playing at night since it adds an extra challenge.
Keep Cornhole Easy
It can be tough making time to get together as a family or taking advantage of your backyard. By making your game easier, you save time and spend more of your day outdoors. Enhance your cornhole game with weatherproof PVC cornhole boards. When you’re done playing, you can leave your boards outdoors without having to check the weather. Instead of forgetting the score each time someone makes a shot, use a score strip or score tower. You can take it to the next level and use a Scorzie. Keep track of all your cornhole equipment in one place by using a corntoss tote bag which makes for convenient storage and transportation.
Celebrate Memorable Moments
Having a backyard wedding? Did your child just graduate from high school or college? Celebrate at home with custom cornhole boards personalized to your special event. We have cornhole decals, wraps, and more so you get the high-quality design you deserve. Surprise your family with a personalized gift they can keep and share forever.
Turn Any Backyard Into Your Own Stadium
For all the sports fans out there, make sure to show off your team pride with sports decals and cornhole logos. It doesn’t matter if you’re an NBA, NFL, or MLB fan. Custom Corntoss has the cornhole decals you need to stand out and show your support. Turn any game night on TV into a backyard event with your team’s logo.
Get your family together and start making memories that’ll last forever. Upgrade your cornhole set or start designing your first custom cornhole boards today. We’re always here to help you get started. Contact us if you have any questions.
Is there someone in your life who loved cornhole? Maybe they participate in tournaments with the local cornhole league, or they’re the reigning champ at the summer barbecue. They probably already have their own set of regulation cornhole boards, so what do can you possible get them to fuel their cornhole obsession? Here’s a list of unique and useful cornhole gifts that any cornhole player would love to receive for their birthday, or any gift-giving occasion.
Customized Cornhole Bags
Chances are your cornhole player already has their own set of cornhole bags, but over time they can fade, or become worn out. A brand new set of embroidered cornhole bags with their favorite team logo on it can make the perfect gift. With a wide selection of colors and endless design possibilities, you can create the perfect customized gift that is perfect for them.
A cornhole scoreboard is one of the most useful gifts you can give your cornhole player. Now there won’t be any arguing over the score at the annual summer party.
With a set of cornhole lights, the game doesn’t have to end when the sun goes down. For the cornhole fanatic, a new twist on their favorite game is always exciting. They’ll love putting on nighttime cornhole tournaments at outdoor summer parties.
When you’re looking for the perfect gift for that special cornhole player in your life, check out Custom Corntoss. We have a wide selection of customizable cornhole equipment and accessories to choose from!
Are you looking to host the perfect summer block party this summer? Good old-fashioned group games for every age, including cornhole and other toss games, make a great addition to any outdoor summer event. Here are some of our top picks for backyard party games to make your home the ultimate fun spot this summer. Some of these games are also ideal for the beach!
Potato Sack Race
Sack races, also known as “gunny races,” have been popular at carnivals since the early 1800s, and they’re still great fun today. All you need is a large sturdy pillow case or burlap sack for each contender that reaches just below their waist and plenty of space for them to hop to the finish line.
Perfect for any age group, cornhole games require just one free hand and good aim. All you need is a set of cornhole boards and some cornhole bags. Set the boards up on a flat surface about 27 feet away and get tossing! A tournament can take your backyard party to the next level.
This fun outdoor game can be traced back to the Roman Empire and can be played on the grass or at the beach. Standard bocce balls can weigh up to two pounds, so this game is better suited for older children, teens, and adults.
Yeehaw! Round up your cowboys for this classic backyard game. Rubber horseshoes are much safer, and much more kid-friendly than the traditional metal ones. Place two stakes about 40 feet apart from each other and let the games begin!
If you’re on the lookout for cornhole equipment to get your outdoor party started, look no further than Custom Corntoss. You can get customized boards and bags, or choose from a premade design. We also offer accessories like cornhole lights and scoreboards to take the game to the next level.
if you’re playing those games in ps4 remote play mac then you’ll be fine as well.
Charity events are a great way to raise money, but you need to provide quality entertainment to get people to show up. A cornhole tournament is the perfect way to do that. Here’s how to run an official cornhole game for charity.
When setting up a tournament for charity, you will need 3 things:
- Food and Drinks – Providing food and drinks is a big draw for players. The sales of these items can also be a great way to add to your profits. A lot of businesses are also willing to donate food and beverages if they like your cause. Reach out to local business to see if they are willing to donate food and drinks in exchange for the publicity they will get at this event.
- Music – The tournament provides plenty of entertainment, but music will keep everyone entertained when they aren’t playing. It also adds to the fun atmosphere that you’re creating.
- Sponsors – Many companies will sponsor charity events as a part of their marketing campaign. To ensure that you can raise the most money possible for your favorite charity, you’ll need to reach out to companies for sponsorship.
In order to run a cornhole tournament, you’ll need equipment. You can ask players to bring their own boards and bags, rent boards from a company like Custom Corntoss, or even contact your local cornhole league for help.
You can’t have a cornhole tournament if no one knows about it – so promote it! Social media, online marketing, fliers, and word of mouth are a great way to advertise your tournament and get people interested. You can also ask your sponsors to help you advertise!
Now that the weather is warming up, cornhole fanatics everywhere are dragging their boards out of storage. The time has come for tournaments, tailgates, backyard barbecue parties, and casual pickup games. The only thing stopping these cornhole games is the sunset – but does the game have to end?
Custom Corntoss offers cornhole lights in 5 different colors, so the game doesn’t have to end when it gets dark. In fact, it’s just getting started!
Summer parties never end when the sun goes down – so why should you have to stop playing cornhole? Cornhole lights illuminate the target, so you can see where you’re aiming and continue playing long into the night.
Hosting a night tournament is a great way to put a twist on your favorite game. This is especially fun for summer camps and college intramurals. The lights show you where to aim, but the darkness still makes the game slightly more difficult. Just be sure to have flashlights on you for walking around in the dark so you don’t trip and fall.
Concerts and Music Festivals
Group games are popular at music festivals so that people can entertain themselves between acts, or before camping for the night. The lights are a festive way to liven up your cornhole game, and add to the overall vibe of the festival.
No matter how you play, you can add excitement and extra hours to your favorite game with cornhole lights.
Just like any sports equipment, you want to keep your cornhole boards and bags in the best shape possible – especially if you participate in cornhole tournaments. These tips will help you keep your customized cornhole gear in great shape.
- Never store boards face to face – Storing your boards with the surfaces facing inward – it’s a great way to scrape the paint off. Store your boards with the backs together. Cover them with a tarp or cloth cover to prevent them from getting dirty and worn.
- Keep them cool and dry – Your cornhole boards are made of wood, so store them in a cool, dry place where to prevent warping. Your boards are painted with exterior gloss paint, but moisture damage can still become an issue if you don’t store your boards correctly.
- Be gentle – When setting up your boards and putting them away, never slam them down or throw them. They are built sturdily, but playing rough with them can still cause damage.
- Keep them cool and dry – Moisture can completely ruin your cornhole bags. They can develop mold and the inside materials can be ruined as well.
- Keep them inside – Cornhole boards are filled with corn. If you leave them outside they can attract animals like squirrels that will rip your bags open to get at the yummy corn inside.
- Freeze them – Freezing your cornhole bags for 24 hours on a regular basis can help your bags last longer. If you have room in your freezer, consider storing them there when not in use.
- Store accessories in a dry place – Your cornhole accessories can grow mold, or materials can be ruined by moisture.
- Turn them off – Be sure that your cornhole lights are turned off to prevent the battery from draining.
With these handy tips, your high quality, customizable cornhole gear will stay in pristine condition for years to come. See our FAQ for more information about our equipment.
If you’re a cornhole aficionado, chances are you have your own custom gear for tournaments, barbecues, tailgating parties, and just about anywhere you have a flat surface and some friends. If you don’t, what are you waiting for? There are tons of ways that you can customize your cornhole gear.
If you already own a set of boards, cornhole decals are a great way to customize them. You can choose your favorite sports teams, pick out a few novelty decals, or even design your own custom decals. You can even do a combination of all three and really deck out your boards.
Custom Cornhole Boards
If you’re a cornhole fiend already, you probably already own a set of boards – but maybe it’s time for an upgrade. You can choose from a huge variety of custom boards, designed to your exact specifications. Get custom boards with your cornhole team’s logo for tournaments, sports team logos for tailgating, flag designs, colored pattern designs, or any custom design you can dream up.
Custom Cornhole Bags
Cornhole bags can be embroidered with any design you desire, and with so many colors to choose from you can create a different set for every day of the week!
We know you hate packing up the cornhole boards when the sun goes down – but with cornhole lights you can keep playing all night!
There are endless ways to customize your cornhole game – how do you decorate your gear?
If you like country music and cornhole, then you’ll love this country music playlist. We’ve collected the 10 best country jams for next backyard barbecue or tailgate cornhole game. Get out your cornhole boards, it’s time to party!
- “It’s Five O’Clock Somewhere” – Jimmy Buffet/Alan Jackson: This is the perfect song to get any party started. It’s all about relaxing and having fun while drinking a delicious cold beer. Good thing you only need one hand to play cornhole so you don’t have to put it down!
- “My Kinda Party” – Jason Aldean: There’s nothing like getting down after a long week of work, and this song embodies that feeling.
- “Am I the Only One” – Dierks Bentley: No Dierks, you aren’t the only one who wants to have fun tonight – that’s why we’re listening to this song while we play cornhole!
- “Good Time” – Alan Jackson: You can’t help but have a good time when you jam out to this Alan Jackson tune while you toss some cornhole bags around!
- “Something Like That” – Tim McGraw: An up-tempo song about a first kiss, summer time, and barbecue stains – perfect for your cornhole sountrack.
- “Dust on the Bottle” – David Lee Murphy: This is another great, upbeat song that’ll have you tapping your feet while you wait for your turn to play.
- “Redneck Yacht Club” – Craig Morgan: A song about getting together with your buddies on the weekend and having a good time, this Craig Morgan hit will have you forming your own Redneck Cornhole Club!
- “Fishin’ in the Dark” – Nitty Gritty Dirt Band: Who doesn’t love this classic country song? It fits perfectly into our cornhole playlist.
- “Young” – Kenny Chesney: Get nostalgic about parties past while you jam out to this Kenny Chesney hit. If your cornhole playlist doesn’t help you relive the golden days, are you really even having a good time?
- “Cruise” – Florida Georgia Line: This upbeat summer jam will really liven up your cornhole party.
What do you think of our list? No matter what you listen to, cornhole is a great game for tailgating, barbecuing, or anywhere you have a flat surface and some friends. What are your favorite cornhole songs?
Everyone knows that cornhole is the quintessential tailgate and backyard barbecue party game, but you can spice up any event – including music festivals. The laid back atmosphere of a music festival is perfect for a little game of cornhole. Just lay out your custom cornhole boards, get some people together, and play while you jam out.
More Casual than a Concert
Music festivals are made up of a bunch of different stages separated by wide open spaces. Mosh pits will form, but there’s lot of free space around the edges to set up your game. If there is one band you really wanted to see, you can play cornhole while you’re waiting for them to take the stage. Let the sounds of the bands playing be the soundtrack for your game.
Bringing Music Fans Together
All types of music fans attend music festivals – that’s what makes them so awesome. Festivals are a great way to find other people who like your favorite music. A game of cornhole is a great way to make new friends who share your interests – and even new friends who don’t!
You Don’t Have to Put Down Your Drink
There will be plenty of delicious foods and beverages to entertain your stomach while you listen to the bands. Cornhole is game that only requires one hand to play, so you can still drink your beer or hold on to your burger while you toss the cornhole bags.
For the casual cornhole player who is looking to get more serious about the sport, entering in a tournament is the obvious next step. The problem is that you may not know how to get started.
Do I need my own equipment?
While it is best to have your own boards and bags, some tournaments will set up boards for gameplay so that players do not have to bring their own. Search online or in local papers for cornhole tournaments happening near you and see if they require you to bring your own boards.
What kind of equipment should I buy?
You’ll want to make sure that your equipment comes from an ACA-certified builder – like Custom Corntoss. This means that all equipment sold by these companies follow tournament regulations. It is important that your equipment is up to code when playing an official cornhole game.
How do I play in a tournament?
Look for cornhole tournaments happening near you. Often, they will have information about how to sign up. You don’t necessarily need to be in a league or on a team to sign up, either. Once you get to know the regular players and the tournament holders and have played a few games, the process of entering tournaments will be much easier. You may even find a team to join when you enter as a single player.
Should I join a league?
You don’t need to be part of a league to play in cornhole tournaments, but the comradery and the great feeling that comes from being part of a group will enhance your tournament experience. Many leagues have ways to sign up online or by other methods.
Remember, when first entering the cornhole tournament scene; don’t be afraid to put yourself out there and have fun!
The beginning of a new year is a time for making changes and setting goals. Even if you think New Year’s resolutions are tacky, you probably have something in mind that you really want to get done in 2017. Here at Custom Corntoss, our resolution is to play more cornhole. Whether you’re interested in picking up a new hobby, or getting more serious about tournaments, we can help you get excited about the game with custom cornhole boards.
Any Design You Desire
Our cornhole boards are completely customizable. Whether you need a logo design, a full wrap design, or you need decals to apply to an existing board, we’ve got you covered. There’s nothing like receiving an item that has been designed just for you, and it’s sure to reignite your passion or get you excited about learning the game.
Custom Corntoss is an ACA certified builder, which means that the cornhole equipment we sell has been approved by the American Cornhole Association for use in tournaments. If you’re setting up a cornhole team, designing a custom team logo to go on your boards and bags is key.
If your New Year’s resolution is to play more cornhole, make sure you come to Custom Corntoss for your customized cornhole equipment.